One of my favourite ways to enjoy quinoa is with a miso dressing and some veggies tossed in.
The result is warm, comforting and fresh. You can throw in shredded carrot, celery, parsley, parsnip, even some roasted vegetables in winter.
Not only that, but the miso dressing is so good you can use it for anything. I like to use it for salads, dipping veggies in, or even just dipping my finger in…ahem.
Like my other dish you can enjoy it hot or cold, and for days down the road.
It makes a jolly good breakfast too. Speaking of which, stay tuned for a breakfast recipe using quinoa FLAKES!
- 1/2 cup mellow white miso paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey * or sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar *I will also often omit the oil and use a bit less water and a bit more vinegar.
1. Cook quinoa and let cool.
2. Blend miso dressing in a food processor.
3. Toss in and vegetables of choice.
4. Add in dressing and mix together.
5. Garnish with parsley and sesame seeds.[/box]