Ayah and I are very pleased with the development of Healthy Tasty Cheap and we hope you are too!
What started as an idea, passed back and forth through emails, has become a reality. The blog is staking on it’s own personality and Ayah and I are having a great time sharing our recipes and stories with you all!
Ayah and I stayed healthy (and kept to budget) when she visited me in Toronto this January!)
We’re off to a good start with some fantastic recipes using some of my favorite ingredients, and it’s been a great excuse to get busy in the kitchen with some feel good food!
We’ve also been having fun hitting up our local organic grocery stores in search of the best deals we can find. There are so many more tips we want to share with you!
Here’s a re-cap of some of the recipes we made this month:
- Spicy Quinoa Salad
- Miso Quinoa
- Cookie Dough Quinoa Flakes
- Quinoa Berry Bowl
- Braised Kale
- Tuna Steak and Kale
- Kale Pesto
- Italian Sausage and Kale Soup
- Veggie Lasagna
- Kale and Pea Soup
We’ve also been enjoying some of the great kale and quinoa recipes on some other blogs! Here are some worth checking out:
- The Fit Foodista takes her love of quinoa to the next level by using it to bake up some Quinoa Shortbread with Tropical Rum Glaze
- For continued inspiration regarding all things Quinoa visit Tammi Kibler’s site How Do You Cook Quinoa? and follow her on Twitter
- Angela from Oh She Glows is always coming up with some great healthy vegan dishes. She won me over with her colorful Red Quinoa and Black Bean Vegetable Salad.
- Umbrella’d, a positive lifestyle website that I write for has some amazing gluten-free recipes. I can’t wait to make these Quinoa Muffins with Nuts and Fruits!
- Gena is a Certified Clinical Nutritionist with a passion for plant based nutrition. She is the kale queen, don’t miss her amazing raw Massaged Kale Salad
- Diana Dyer is a Mom, organic gardener, Registered Dietitian, and multiple time cancer survivor who blogs about her love of growing and eating kale at 365 Days of Kale
- Over at Fitting It All In, Clare shares a mouth watering recipe for Massaged Kale & Tempeh Sloppy Joes
- Twins Michelle and Lori not only run an amazing raw bakery, they share some great stories and recipes on their blog, including this Warm Apple Pie Smoothie with kale. Sinlessly delicious!
- It was Kath from Kath Eats Real Food who first introduced me to my favorite kale recipe…Kale Chips!!!
Do you have any favorite kale and quinoa recipes you want to share? What ingredients would you love to see featured on Healthy Tasty Cheap? What would you like to see more of?