As you probably know by now, I love making muffins.
They’re fast, easy, fun to throw together and they almost always turn out right.
Knowing this week was lemon week, I had to make a favourite combo: lemon cranberry.
Growing up in Vancouver we shopped at a little organic store called Capers (which is now owned by Whole Foods, and has always been basically a mini Whole Foods) and they had the best muffins.
My top favorites were pumpkin (dusted with icing sugar) and lemon cranberry. It is so tart, sweet and fresh tasting first thing in the morning!
Lemon zest ads the perfect lemon flavour to these muffins. Do you have a zester? I love using mine for baking, and of course, cocktails.
My co-workers have been requesting some baked goods for a while now, so I was very happy to bring in a nice batch of gluten-free lemon cranberry muffins to share.
They are light, moist, and just right with a hot cup of tea.
[box]Lemon Cranberry Muffins
(makes 10-12 muffins)
- 2 cups flour (I used 2 cups sifted Namaste Gluten-Free flour)
- 1 cup sugar (or maple syrup, agave or honey)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- juice from one lemon
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 2 eggs (or 2 chia or flax eggs)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cranberries (organic frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400F and oil your muffin pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add cranberries and gently stir in.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. [/box]
What’s your favourite kind of muffin?