I was watching America’s Next Great Restaurant the other night featuring the founder of Chipotle.
I envy this guy – Steve Ells- in more ways than I can count.
1. He’s pretty young and owns a huge money making franchise – there’s now 1000 locations- that he started with a loan from his dad.
2. Even though it’s fast food he sources the best organic produce and meat he can find.
3. He gets to eat spicy burritos for free.
4. He wears suits and sneakers.
5. His restaurant is named after my favourite ingredient of all time: chipotle. If I see “chipotle” on a menu, I don’t care what it’s with, I order it.
With that being said, someday I dream of opening my own restaurant- or chain- using only the finest ingredients with an equally delicious sounding name.
For now, I make delicious dishes and throw in chipotle for extra pleasure.
This soup is full of squash, sweet potato and the almighty pumpkin, creating a delicious, heart warming, healthy treat.
Maybe Steve Ells should add it on his menu and credit me?
- 1 head of garlic (roasted in olive oil)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 squash
- 2 yams
- 1 box vegetable stock
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 large can of plum tomatoes
- 1/2 small can of chipotle peppers
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt to taste
- Roast head of garlic half an hour in the oven
- Simmer onion in coconut oil
- Add chopped yams and squash and simmer 10 minutes
- Add whole box of vegetable stock and bring to a boil
- Simmer on low-med heat until yams and squash are cooked
- Let soup chill
- Blend canned tomatoes with pumpkin, roasted garlic and chipotle
- When soup is chilled, blend with tomato and pumpkin mix and bring back to stove
- Heat on low heat and add smoked paprika and salt to taste[/box]