No good picnic is complete to me without a delicious fruit salad. This creamy little tropical number has got a tangy gingery vanilla dressing and lots of mango, apple, and coconut. It is sort of like one of those indulgent ambrosia salads filled with canned fruits, tiny marshmallows, cool whip and sour cream, only this version uses nonfat Greek yogurt, lots of fresh fruit, and is at least 2000 calories lighter. It is fresh, flavorful, and really easy to eat a bowl full.
I made this dish with fruits I happened to have on hand, but were I shopping to make this again I would probably also pick up a couple kiwis, some pineapple spears, a few cashews to toast and sprinkle on top, and maybe even an avocado to mix in there . Oh man, that sounds extra good doesn’t it? I am so making a deluxe version just like that this summer. For now though, this version is really tasty too. In fact, I might have just eaten three servings while writing this post.
- 1 mango
- 1 crisp apple
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ⅛ cup candied ginger, cubed
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tb honey
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Peel & cube the mango and apple and place them in a bowl with the shredded coconut candied ginger.
- In a small bowl whisk together honey, yogurt, lime juice, ginger, and vanilla.
- Pour yogurt mixture over fruit and toss. Garnish with lime zest.