The other night I made dinner using spinach and my favourite budget friendly fish…tilapia!
I mentioned a while back how I bought a huge tray of wild tilapia on sale and froze them individually in my freezer. They probably only cost me a couple of dollars per fillet!
Since tilapia is a bland fish I like to keep it spicy! If heat isn’t your thing, I still recommend some chili powder and lemon to pump up the taste. It absorbs flavour very well and is great grilled or pan fried.
I haven’t had sauteed spinach in a long time but I was craving somethin warm and comforting. I’ve been trying to eat more warm foods which feel good in my body and help my mood and digestion.
So using what I had in the fridge, I sauteed the spinach with some garlic, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and artichoke hearts. I was so happy with this flavour combo and loved the mediterranean feel of this whole meal! So satisfying, fast, cheap, and easy!
- Olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic
- Artichoke hearts
- Cherry tomatoes
- Tilapia filet
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh lemon
- Marinate tilapia for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill or pan fry.
- Heat a skillet on high and saute garlic in olive oil.
- Add broccoli and saute until soft.
- Add spinach.
- Add a splash of water to steam all together.
- Add cherry tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with lemon and serve.