Happy carrot week everyone!
To celebrate this week’s ingredient, I bought a big batch of carrots at the farmers market this weekend. In addition, I also bought a bundle of locally grown
yams sweet potatoes!
I knew I wanted to do something with these two lovely ingredients combined – something orange, sweet and savory. I started off by roasting the two in the oven with some coconut oil and cinnamon.
Since the weather has been a little off here, I decided to make a thick and creamy soup with the roasted veggies!
If you’re looking for a heavier soup that tastes creamy and indulgent – but is actually light and healthy - give this bad boy a go!
It’s super high in beta-carotene, and will have your skin glowing even when the summer sun is hiding behind a big dark cloud.
- 5 Large carrots
- 3 Medium yams
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt
- 2 cups Vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1 cup Milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut carrots and yams into chunks, marinate with coconut oil, cinnamon and sea salt, and roast for 30 minutes.
- Allow veggies to cool and then blend in a blender with broth and almond milk.
- Pour blended mixture into a pot and heat until warm.
- Enjoy with bread, crackers, and if you’re a spice moster like me…sriracha! YUM!