I am very excited to share a guest post and recipe from one of my favourite bloggers! Alaina Rose blogs over at Sweetness of Life and inspires me daily with her infectious positive attitude and delicious all-natural recipes. She is a true beauty inside and out, and celebrates life in every way possible. Whether she’s gardening with her boyfriend Woody, whipping up delicious muffins, or going to a music festival, she exudes true love and joie de vivre for all areas of her life. I hope you enjoy this mouth watering recipe from her and stop by her blog! Here is a sneak peek of the recipe to come:
And the lovely lady herself:
Hello friends and readers of Healthy Tasty Cheap! I’m Alaina Rose.
I blog over at Sweetness of Life where I talk about inspiration, positivity and all the sweet things life has to offer, including recipes for sweet treats! I definitely have a sweet tooth and allow myself to indulge freely. However, I like to make my treats a little more on the healthy side so I don’t feel as bad about indulging.
I was so honored and excited when Gillian invited me to do a guest post. And when she told me it was carrot week, I got even more excited! What a wonderful way to make a treat healthier! Throw some veggies in there!
With that being said, here is a recipe that is sweet, healthy and FULL of carrot goodness!
Thank you so much for having me here! I hope you enjoy the muffin recipe and have a good time celebrating carrot week!
- 2 cups Pamela’s Gluten-Free Baking and Pancake Mix (or mix of your choice)
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1½ cups grated carrots
- 1 container of Tofutti vegan cream cheese
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate medium bowl combine all your wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Lightly oil your muffin tin or use muffin tin liners.
- Fill them up about ¾ of the way.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To prepare your frosting, combine the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend away. Wait until muffins have cooled before you frost them.