This de-luscious dressing is strikingly similar to the Miso Ginger Dressing that Gill posted back in April, but it’s got one important difference: carrots! All that rockin’ beta carotene takes this salad topper to the next level, and creates a fabulous yellowy orange color that rivals mustard for most vibrant condiment award.
While delicious on salads, carrot ginger dressing would also be yummy for dipping crudites into, or you can just drench your dinner plate in it like I did in the photo above. That’s a tofu burger with chili sauce, sitting atop a bed of braised kale and bell peppers, with a heavy handed pour of the carrot ginger dressing. It was one of the best simple dinners I’ve had in a while.
I blended up a quick batch of this and storred it in an empty glass salad dressing bottle that I had saved for just such an occasion. This will last in your fridge for about a week if you don’t eat it all in one sitting, which is easy to do.
- 2 medium peeled and grated carrots
- 1 small chopped shallot
- One 2-inch piece peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Coarse salt
- Process carrots, shallot, ginger, miso, vinegar, and water in a food processor until smooth.
- With machine running, slowly add oil. Season with salt.