This month Ayah and I decided to switch things up and move into theme months rather than theme weeks.
We spent a beautiful month experimenting with salads, mixing big bowls of green goodness in our individual kitchens and reaping the benefits!
We made some great salads that I’m sure we’ll be re-creating for months to come:
- Market Salmon Salad
- Fiesta Kale Salad
- Creamy Salmon Salad
- Strawberry Rhubarb Salad
- Hungry Hippie Salad
- Casa Bunni Spicy Salad
- Thai Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- Beet & Upland Cress Salad
We also had some yummy Guest Posts:
- Andie from Can You Stay for Dinner? put together this delectable post with her 6 essential salad dressings.
- Leslie from The Whole Plate wrote about Salads for Summer and shared a recipe for Beet, Cucumber and Quinoa Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing.
- Angela from Oh She Glows won our hearts with another great recipe, her Heat Wave Summer Salad, perfect for the hot weather we’ve been having!
- Clotide from Chocolate and Zucchini shared some great eggplant recipes, including a description for a simple eggplant salad.
- Holly from the Healthy Everythingtarian always has a great recipe to share! We are blown away by her use of tempeh in her Ginger Soy Glazed Tempeh Salad with Spicy Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette and Spicy Buffalo Tempeh Salad.
- Kristin from Cook, Bake and Nibble is on a grain-free diet and whipping up some to die for salads. Why not try her Salmon Nicoise Salad or skip the bottled dressing and top your salad with her Sugar-free Sweet Poppyseed Dressing.
- We love the flavours in Kalyn’s Mediterranean Lettuce Salad Recipe with Purslane, Mint,Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and Sumac-Lemon Vinaigrette.
- Have a difficult eater in the house? Check out this Kale Spinach salad that even a picky kid would love!
- Featuring one of Ayah’s all-time fave salad greens, this Grapefruit, Beet and Mache salad looks like summer eating at its best.
- And if you love pesto, you have to try this Pesto Cauliflower with Arugula Salad from Rosemary and the Goat!
We hope you’re loving the new monthly format as much as we are! Stay tuned for a very exciting theme for August!! It’s cold, refreshing, and the perfect thing on a summer day to quench your appetite AND thirst…any guesses??