As a lover of both oats and smoothies, I thought it was high time to combine them in one delicious beverage. The result? A satisfying creamy strawberry banana smoothie with lots of fiber and a dose of whole grains.
The trick to adding rolled out to a smoothie successfully is to put them in the blender first, give them a little blend to make them nice and smooooooth, and then add everything else and re-blend. This ensures that you won’t end up with big chunks of oats in your drink would totally clog your smoothie straw and make you sad.
- ¼ c old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 fresh banana
- ½ cup milk (I used almond)
- Blend oats until smooth
- Add all other ingredients, blend, and serve
Have you ever put oats in a smoothie? Did you like it?