I’d like to take a brief moment to take a break from smoothie month and share a great muffin recipe with you.
As you know, I’ve been working some crazy long days on set. For the most part, I’m craving heavier, more substantial food than I usually would. Which is exactly how these muffins were born.
I wanted something I could pack up for a long day out in the field and share with my hungry co-workers – which include camera men who are on their feet all day – some of whom are also gluten-free!
With this in mind I created the ultimate comfort food muffin packed with oats, peanut butter, banana, and chocolate chips for a little extra perk.
I was overwhelmed by the response to these muffins…people loved them! Some hid extras in their bags for later, and several people asked for the recipe.
I think they’ll keep me around for a bit!
Alright, back to work…
- 1 cup rolled oats (I use wheat-free)
- 1 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 3 cups sifted gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup bananas mashed (4-5)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine oats and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice.
- To soaked mixture, add melted coconut oil, peanut butter (melted), eggs, vanilla and bananas.
- Add wet mixture and chocolate chips to dry ingredients and stir only until flour is moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.