Are you looking for a fun healthy treat to make ahead for the week?
How about some kick ass banana bread muffins?
I had a crew coming over to film yesterday morning so I made a huge batch of these for everyone.
I wanted to make a really healthy, super delicious, banana bread muffin. I found a traditional recipe and switched it up a bit by making it gluten free and using coconut oil and coconut yogurt to make them nice and moist.
Since all good banana breads have chocolate in my books, I added a chopped up bar of my favourite chocolate from France for sweetness.
These babies smelt just like banana bread and taste great!
They made for a great breakfast yesterday along with some homemade granola, fruit and yogurt!
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (or flax or chia egg to make vegan)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ¾ cup chocolate chips or chunks
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.