This is a dinner for those nights where you really want a nice dinner but loathe the idea of cooking.
Enter the slow cooker. Enter a jar of tomato sauce and half a jar of salsa. Enter a really simple, really comforting, easy tomato pork tenderloin.
As I’ve mentioned before, pork tenderloin is a new favourite in my house. It is a lean healthy protein and is extremely affordable.
Toss it in the oven with some root vegetables and a nice sauce et voila! Or toss it in the slow cooker for those busy days…and dinner is made!
This recipe is very simple. You are welcome to use it as a base and add extra spice, maybe a garnish of some fresh parmesan or a touch of hot sauce if you’re a heat lover like me.
Nonetheless, it will leave your tummy happy and taste buds satisfied. Enjoy!
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- Can on crushed tomatoes
- ½ jar of salsa
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Pork tenderloin
- baby potatoes
- Add onion, garlic, crushed tomatoes, salsa, dijon and your herbs and spices to slow cooker.
- Add chopped baby potatoes, carrots and pork tenderloin.
- Make sure tenderloin is covered in sauce.
- Slow cook around 6 hours.
- Serve with a fresh salad, greens or peas!