I mentioned recently that I make a big pot of quinoa and the start of most weeks to use for my salads or make comforting bowls with.
While I devour quinoa with glee, John (the husband to be) is a little trickier to convince. He always jokingly goes “Ooh is that queeeen-wa?”
Nonetheless, zip it up with a little chicken and bbq sauce and you’ve got an easy lunch that the both of us will enjoy. Packed with protein and great to pack along and eat hot or cold.
If I were making this for myself I would also add heaps of kale or spinach – it just depends on how picky your eater is.
You can also sub the chicken for tempeh, tofu or a bbq sunshine burger to make this a filling vegan meal!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup of chickpeas
- 1 small shallow
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- grilled bbq chicken breast
- Marinade chicken in bbq sauce and grill.
- Cook quinoa and add shallots, chickpeas, spices, vinegar and bbq sauce. Mix well.
- Top quinoa mix with chicken and serve.