We love our barbecue around here.
If we had it our way we’d probably be eating slow cooked ribs and brisket every night.
Unfortunately, that wouldn’t be the healthiest diet on the planet, so we’ve found ways around it.
I love seafood and it has the added benefit of being good for you. I recently bought a large pack of frozen, deveined and pre-cooked shrimp, and they have been a lifesaver.
All you have to do is defrost them over night, rinse them the next day, then throw them into any dish for a gourmet spin. Like BBQ prawns and sweet potato mash.
This recipe is so easy but tastes like pure decadence. Flash fry your prawns in some spices, blend your roasted sweet potatoes, top with bbq sauce et voila. You’re looking like a Bobby Flay throw down.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
- 2 Previously roasted sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 16 Prawns
- 4 tbsp Valentina’s hot sauce
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Canola or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce (gluten-free)
- Prepare prawns as needed – if with shell, shell and devein and rinse. I bought frozen and shelled so I defrosted over night, rinsed, and marinated in hot sauce and chill powder.
- Take skin off of two roasted sweet potatoes and puree in food processor.
- Slowly heat sweet potato mash with cinnamon and cayenne (salt to taste).
- Fry shrimp in a big pan with a touch of canola or coconut oil. If already cooked, cook until hot, if uncooked, cook until they turn pink and feel firm.
- Serve prawns over sweet potato and drizzle with bbq sauce. Serve with salad.