Steak can easily be made into a healthy dinner.
When you stick to the ‘loin’ of red meat it is lean and a great way to get a boost of protein.
We are huge fans of buffalo meat in our house. Buffalo burgers, buffalo steak, you name it. Buffalo is extremely high in iron, super lean, and delicious.
Rather than slather it in a rich cream sauce I like to make a really simple glaze with tamari and balsamic that everyone loves. It takes two seconds and tops off your meal perfectly.
- tbsp olive oil
- Buffalo steak (try to buy a loin for leanest meat – tenderloin or striploin work well)
- steak seasoning
- 2 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Marinate steak in olive oil and spices of choice
- Heat pan on medium high heat with olive oil
- When hot, sear steak for 4 minutes (or until browned on each side)
- Throw tamari and balsamic into pan and cook for another 5 minutes
- Allow steak to rest at least 5 minutes before serving, drizzle with sauce.