What’s that you say? You still have a fridge full of zucchini? Me too! I guess that means it’s summer.
Here’s a really simple and tasty way to use up that squash — roast it. No, better yet, dust it in garlic and Parmesan cheese and then roast it! This makes makes for a truly easy and delicious side dish for most summer time fare. If it’s too hot out to turn on the oven, this would also be a great thing to cook on the grill. How much more summery does it get?
- Summer squash, cut into ¼ to ½ in slices
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Brush squash slices on both sides with olive oil
- Lay on a pan and dust with garlic powder, pepper, and parmesan cheese
- Roast squash until tender, approximately 25 mins
- Add salt to taste & serve