I love simple gluten-free recipes.
There are many recipes that include complicated flours and baking mixes, but my favourites are always plant based and minimalist.
I was inspired by Gluten Free Blondie’s Eggplant ‘Pizzas’ with Proscuitto that she made on her blog and knew that I would love them. Eggplant as the base? Genius!
My neighbour delivered some summer squash to our door so I tried out my own version using what I hand on hand. It made for a super simple, satisfying dinner with a cold glass of wine! (It’s even in my video here!)
I’ve since made eggplant pizzas with anchovies on top and loved those equally.
They are also a great side if you’re serving a light dinner of cold salads and a lovely appetizer to enjoy while cooking the rest of your meal.
- 1 summer squash sliced into discs ¼ to ½ inch thick
- Olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce (I used an olive/tomato sauce)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Handful fresh basil and parsley ripped up
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put olive oil on baking sheets so squash doesn’t stick.
- Arrange squash and top with sauce, cheese and herbs.
- Bake until squash is soft. Around 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.