I love the challenge of using what’s on hand and coming up with something delicious.
Knowing this, my dad told me there was a big bag of spinach in the freezer he wanted me to use up.
Since I didn’t have any artichokes, I assembled the rest of the ingredients and put together a Greek appetizer for my parents and I before dinner.
We ate the simple, delicious spinach and goat cheese dip with crackers and rice cakes with a side of dolmades that we had picked up at the store.
It was easy to assemble and much lighter than any dip you’d find at a restaurant!
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Goat cheese
- Herbes de provence
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350F (to broil, if possible)
- Mix spinach, yogurt, herbes de provence and salt and pepper together
- Place in an olive oil coated baking dish
- Top with as much goat cheese as you like
- Bake until bubbly and lightly golden on top