Before I flew to France back in August I was trying to use up everything in my fridge.
At the time I had eggs, cheese, and a bunch of greens that needed to be used. I knew the second I was gone the Mr. would be ordering a pizza so it was up to me to get creative.
That’s when I came up with my obsession for spicy green eggs.
I simply fry up some onions, hot banana peppers, kale, broccoli, and whatever else I have on hand with eggs, salsa and chili powder. Top with either cheddar, feta, or a dollop of hummus and some sriracha and I’m in heaven.
This is a fast and filling breakfast to fuel a busy day or to for re-fuel your muscles after a workout. I’m currently working from home and training for a 5k, so fast and healthy fits the bill.
It’s great to be back and I can’t wait to share some more recipes I’ve been enjoying lately. Stay tuned for my turkey chipotle chili and my superfood smoothie!
- Onion, diced
- Hot banana peppers
- Broccoli (cut into small florets)
- Kale (chopped up finely)
- 2 eggs
- Chili powder
- Ms Dash garlic or spicy seasoning optional
- Cheese or hummus
- On a high heat, fry up onion with hot banana peppers and salsa
- Add broccoli and kale, then making sure you have enough liquid in the pan from the salsa, cover and allow to steam cook
- Once all vegetables are cooked, add eggs and quickly whisk into the vegetables
- Season, mix, and remove from heat
- Top with cheese (if you do, put it in a bowl, top with cheese, and cover with a plate for a minute. This allows the cheese to melt perfectly!) or hummus and some extra hot sauce or sriracha.