It’s the time of year when healthy living bloggers go crazy for all things orange.
Pumpkin, squash, sweet potato, bring it on!
This recipe combines two of my personal favourites, sweet potato and pumpkin, with a spicy chipotle twist.
This soup is easy enough to throw together for a week day meal, but you can also dress it up for a dinner party with a fine drizzle of balsamic reduction, a touch of lightly roasted and salted pumpkin seeds, and a few soft hunks of your favourite white cheese.
I used feta in this recipe, but I think a creamy goat cheese would be a fantastic touch.
This soup is even better heated up the next day, so go on and make your coworkers jealous.
- 2 roasted sweet potatoes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- liquid from a can of chipotle peppers (vary amount depending on spice preference)
- tsp all spice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 3-4 tbsp of gluten free barbeque sauce (I use Dad’s brand)
- Pre-roast your sweet potatoes until soft.
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend.
- Heat up slowly on the stove.
- I suggest topping with reduced balsamic vinegar, roasted pumpkin seeds and a soft white cheese. I used feta, but goat cheese would work beautifully.