Looking for a high protein breakfast or snack that comes in a sweet little package?
I felt like experimenting more with coconut flour this week since it’s such a great high fibre baking ingredient.
I decided to make some protein muffins to help recover after a workout, or to enjoy as a mid-day brain boosting snack. These muffins are packed with protein from eggs as well as a big scoop of protein powder.
The good news? They taste much more indulgent than a protein bar and so far have pleased some tough critics.
If you love the taste of coconut, these muffins are for you! Enjoy!
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 scoop or small pack of chocolate protein powder (I use Vega)
- 2 tsp allspice
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ – ½ cup maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like them)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Oil your muffin sheet generously (they will want to stick) with coconut oil
- Mix together wet ingredients in a big bowl, whisking eggs well beforehand
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix very well
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked (check with a toothpick)